DescriptionThe Loan Processor is primarily responsible for processing a high volume of consumer loans and ensuring the successful delivery of the loan related services quickly, accurately, courteously and in a confidential manner. A processor is an integral part of ensuring the loan process meets regulatory requirements. Tasks include but are not limited to loading applications, processing and funding loans, managing reports, and filing liens with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Audit loan data for accuracy prior to processing.
- Maintain effective communication with all necessary parties involved in closing a transaction, from the customer, broker, loan officer, post closing, funding and co-workers to ensure a seamless closing experience.
- Perform a thorough and accurate review of the file to ensure the loan is in compliance, obtain credit references on the customer, payoffs etc.
- Review title work, survey and insurance policy.
- Complete data entry and generate closing packages, ensuring adherence to secondary market guidelines.
- Ensure accuracy, organize, review, and analyze documents in the loan file related to closing; work with appropriate departments or third parties to rectify problems.
- Serve as primary point of contact for closing activities. This includes serving as a communication touch point with the processor, underwriters, closing agent, and post-closing departments.
- Accurately calculate all fees due and payable in order to timely request issuance of funds for wire through the loan origination system.
- Remain abreast of department, corporate, investor and industry guidelines and requirements.
- Assist co-workers in completing daily workload when necessary to ensure all closing deadlines are met.
- Report system and closing document issues.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities and work flow.
- Excellent analytical skills; strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently in a fast paced environment
- Two to three years of progressively responsible Loan Processing or Consumer Lending Experience in a financial service institution required.
- High School degree, with an Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Excellent written communication and customer service skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
Salary + Benefits (We can discuss in greater detail)