Commercial Credit Underwriter / Loan Officer
As a Commercial Underwriter / Loan Officer, you hold a specific set of financial analytical skills that allow you to exercise credit authority on commercial transactions. You’d look for words like review, analyze, document, and approve. You’d search for any missing pieces (though, we hope there aren't any) to make sure you’re getting exactly what you need.
- Evaluating risk factors relative to the magnitude/probability of business risk, and adjudicate credit within established credit authority level
- Analyze transactions, internal reports and financial information for potential fraud risks.
- Completing credit write-ups documenting then underwriting review completed to support credit decisions made or recommended
- Performing analysis and properly documenting recommendation for transactions requiring final approval by credit committee or otherwise outside of individual credit authority level
- 3+ years’ experience as commercial credit underwriter or related experience
- A thorough understanding of fundamental financial analysis including review of corporate balance sheets, cash flows, income statements, business strategy, etc. is crucial for success in this job.
- Experience in determining appropriate credit capacity, structuring of facilities, risk mitigation and contract insight needed.
- Understanding of current macro-economic trends.
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills along with the capacity to quickly learn and apply credit assessment policies and procedures are essential
- Prior individual credit authority within the mid-market transaction dollar range
- The ability to make effective, timely and sound recommendations/ decisions on credit requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree with a finance or business emphasis or equivalent experience is preferred.